I am a scholar interested in a vast gamut of topics connected to philosophy of culture, psychological roots of religion, and social functions of religion and esotericism. I am also fascinated with programming and data science and explore intersections between humanities and new technologies.
See the complete list
- Esoteric Poetry in the Late USSR: The Case of Jan Koltunov
Esotericism, Literature and Culture in Central and Eastern Europe, p. 175-182, 2018
- Astral Karate as a Phenomenon of Late-Soviet Esoteric Underground
Open Theology, 3, p. 408-416, 2017
- Cosmic Feminine in "Synthetic Esoteric Philosophy" of Vladimir Shmakov
La Rosa di Paracelso, 1, p. 67-73, 2017
- Reception of Audio-Visual Entrainment in Contemporary Esoteric Doctrines, with Julija Kobrinovich
Mystic and Esoteric Movements in Theory and Practice: Mysticism and Esotericism in the World of Technologies. Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference, 2017
- Insider and the Academia: the Past and the Future of Going Native in Reverse in the Study of Esotericism
Aliter, 5, p. 3-9, 2015
Castaneda and the Soviet Union
For some, a popularity of Carlos Castaneda in Soviet and post-Soviet esoteric milieu comes as a surprise. In this post, I will try to briefly discuss reasons of popularity of Castaneda in Russia and a way in which his works were adopted in post-Soviet context.
Interview with Glenn Alexander Magee
A year ago I interviewed an American scholar Glenn Magee, the author of Hegel and the Hemetic Tradition and the editor of The Cambridge Handbook of Western Mysticism, for a Russian journal Research in Religious Studies. The interview was published in Russian in issue 2(12)/2015 of the journal (pp. 109-117).
View all projects
A collection of timelines of the history of religion, philosophy, and esotericism that might be helpful for students and scholars.